Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Experience and Learning from Norway Student Ministry by Saimon Magarati

Simon Magarati from KATHMANDU VALLEY CHRISTIAN BIDHYARTHI SANGATI. I heard about CBS, when I was in Tyrannus hall (boys hostel) that is Christian family hostel. After involving few years in CBS, I heard about exchange FK Norway with NBCBS. I applied for exchange and after a while got an opportunity to go there in Norway as one of the exchange students. That was incredible for me. I traveled from Tribhuvan international airport on 22nd August to Mandal, Kristiansand Norway and reached on 23rd August. We were welcomed by some of the Hald people. It was not stressful for but we were enjoying with completely different people, place,, and food. I could not even imagine how great things I was experiencing.

We got to involve in different course viz, Cross-cultural communication, Student leadership, and Discipleship, Development, Norwegian language, other different kinds of workshop and important applicable courses. Everything was new, exciting and important. I was volunteering in Laget (NBCBS) as well as learning new ideas and system in every step of my life It was not only new experience in my life but also strong pillar to develop my worldview. The major challenge at that moment was, Norway belongs to the cold cultural country, so it was very hard to make a Non-Christian friend, yet we had many friends in the church, in Laget and in Christian Fellowship. Sometimes we went to visit university students, but it was very hard to make them believe in the god because of atheism and of private faith, they don’t like to talk about god and to listen either.
During my exchange program, I learnt about the understanding among different culture and different people, and issues faced by Christian in the world, activities of outside people, relation between Christian and world, relation between Christian and god, between god and world and how god is dealing with them and how Christian should handle it in all situation. Additionally, I learn about the character of Christian and purpose of Christianity, Christian calling from god toward faith, love, peace, leadership, hope etc and many issues and challenges faced by Christian along with the way to handle it with scriptural understanding. Beside biblical stuff, I got to learn career developmental courses like making a smart goal, conducting the project and programme i.e. preparation, appraisal, proposal, implementation.
Those learnings are much essential in our life. Christian should have a clear understanding of it. It has a vital in a Christian life. I am a Christian and personally, I have faced many issues. When I got to know these things more, I got some track and got to know much knowledge about issues faced by Christian in the world and way of handling and answer from the bible. Moreover, we can get to know about the special revelation of God to human beings through the different way and understand about the purpose of coming of Jesus Christ, dying on the cross, resurrection, and working of the holy spirit. Personally, When I knew more these things it has helped me to understand the meaning of life, understand the love of God. Now I have gotten more hope in God and have been becoming stronger.
Culture in Norway was quite different than Nepal and is modernized much but also have a traditional culture like Christmas, Easter, and Halloween etc. They have a different culture of greetings. When they meet people, they greet shaking hands for the first time, then they never shake hands, when they meet the same people next time, but they hug. They are very generous and helpful, so we didn’t have any trouble during the traveling, shopping. When we would ask something that we needed to know they used to help and would tell very politely. We could go anywhere easily. They prefer small family and most of the young get freedom after 18 years then travel where they want. Old people would not like to stay with family when they get sick because the government provides good care for them. They have all kinds of technology to serve people and to build the country. The country is big but low population. Almost south part is preferable for many people because of good weather so, almost two-third part of people live on that side around the Oslo. Norway is rich in natural resource, and they are used properly.
Norway and the moment I have spent there was the best with lots of learning and experiences. Now, I have a different and an illuminated understanding among many cultures and people. I am going to reflect it among my people in my country. 
Thank you so much, God, KVCBS and NBCBS Family. 

By Saimon Magarati, Bachelor in Science, KVCBS

No comments:

Post a Comment