Thursday, August 30, 2018

Experience and Learning from Norway Exchange Program by Amar Nepali


Hi, it’s me Amar Nepali, from Pokhara. First of all, I want to thanks to NBCBS to provide me such a great opportunity to get exchange program in Norway. During applying time, I’m so excited to know about Norway. Then, I was searching many things about Norway in Google and it makes more curious about Norway. After the preparation, finally, the time came to me. Norway Exchange program provides me Cultural Diversity knowledge. There are some experiences which, I learn from my school “Hald International Senter”.


 During course time, Our School focuses on five topics which are:
1. Cultural and Cross-cultural understanding:
Cultural and Cross-cultural understanding introduced to theory regarding cultural and cross-cultural communication, and during our internship period, we had done an in-depth study of Norway. The relationship between culture and ethics were treated more specifically.

2. Aid and development cooperation:
On Aid and development, all students got a general introduction to North and South problems and the main lines Norwegian aid-politics of past and present. It gives knowledge about development, history, and measures to promote international understanding, poverty alleviation, and resource management.

3. Bible, mission, and Diakonia:
In this topic, there were lectures about the mission in the Bible. It focuses on the relationship between mission, Diakonia, and aid in the organization. It gives knowledge about central topics of the Bible, Christian faith in relation to other worldviews, ethical thinking in relation to the different worldview.

4. Leadership and personal growth
Leadership is an opportunity and ability to influence, which is not necessarily linked to formal position or roles. Leadership is a central theme within both mission and aid work. This course provides to equip and challenge young people to lead themselves and others. It provides an ability to apply biblical leadership principles in their own lives as well as in mentoring and teaching.

5. Information, communication, and dissemination:
Information, communication, and dissemination get a general introduction to the theory and work tools linked to communication and dissemination. Ethical issues related to dissemination of information from North and south were particularly emphasized. An important part of the subject was organization work where we convey own experiences and information about the countries in an internship period.

These are the courses I took during my two month training period. Afterward, I had an internship in Trondheim city of Norway which is also called the Student City of Norway. During internship time, I engage with Laget organization affiliated to IFES (International Fellowship of Evangelical Students). The Laget vision is “The team consists of students and students all over Norway who are curious about and follow Jesus in their everyday lives. They are Jesus at his school.” In Laget, I learn many things about sharing Gospel and also I learn about Norwegian culture which helps me in engaging with many Norwegian Christian Students. We got a chance to organize many Gospel program in Universities. During Gospel time, we made a different standpoint (or statement) to interact with students of the university. It’s really fruitful to us because when we interact with the students, we know more about their understanding of the faith in God. At that time, I get chance sharing testimony, which encourages me a lot and built up my confidence to them. The main things I learn from the internship is we need to build a good relationship with people. If we create a good relation to them then they give the interest to listen to our words. Norway gives me many learning and experience. Now I have an understanding of Culture and people.

BY,
Amar Nepali, BHM, Pokhara CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment